Sunday 27 January 2013

New Development


Once again i am left to develop my thoughts and current processes further. This time i am to take away the current idea but having made it larger to fill the blank space and trace around the image using thick marker pen to create simple, clean lines. This is a Julian Opie style of working:



Here is what my outcome would look like as, but cleaner and simpler of course that this image below used form my previous development post. This is just to get the correct image size so that i can slot it into my template and not worry this late in the game as to fiddling with sizes.



Below are the images that i have worked from both taken from my sketchbook and the internet:




Having had trouble with the likeness of this one above of David i had to resort to the photo below from the internet: 




Here are a selection of my tracing outcomes in marker pen:







The marker pen outcomes are strong an naive, but still not getting that likeness...

Moving forward, trying inks with water bleed:



Again, these are looking interesting and strong in terms of line quality, but unrecognisable...

Moving into the lettering for the cover in this style, i used a chisel tipped marker pen to get the lines straight and effective. Unfortunately this left the lines a bit to be desired in terms of neatness and legibility. So over all, i haven't moved too far from my previous development stage other than cleaner and simpler images to work with...


Unfortunately I have been notified by my lecturer that this style has been done to death and that i am to move on and progress in a different style... I am happy to do this as i am struggling with the likeness in this stye of work with my characters.




No comments:

Post a Comment