Thursday 10 January 2013

From 5 to 3.


As i have said in my statement of intent, i plan to work on is a series of three magazine covers. The final outcomes will be one image on each cover featuring three of my own iconic films with the main character as the defining focal point on each one. I will consider the visual setting, historical/cultural background and the key visual images from the films when approaching my choices. From this I have chosen five films from my collection: Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre, Almost Famous, Hot Rod, and Wayne's World. And have started to think about narrowing it down to three. In making this decision i will be focussing on how the main character can be portrayed and what is instantly recognisable about them. For example, Wayne's World is instantly recognisable because of Wayne's hat which is always on his head with 'Wayne's World' plastered on it. Another example would be Napoleon Dynamite's t shirt with 'Vote For Pedro' written across it.

No comments:

Post a Comment